You can download crossword puzzles for free here at Word-Game-World. All of our puzzles are printable for your convenience. Use the links at the left and at the bottom of this page to find all sorts of fun, free crossword puzzles. We recommend you begin with this entertaining crossword:
If you can spy out the names of some of my famous fictional detectives, and if you know a bit about how they do their jobs, then (theoretically) you’ll have no trouble with this entertaining crossword! Note: Some were invented a long time ago, even before I was born, but you'll hopefully have heard their names.
or play the online version of Super Sleuth!
1. Inspector who tries to solve Pink Panther cases
3. Carolyn Keene’s teenage female detective (2 wds)
5. NCIS star character’s last name
6. Investigators dust crime scenes for these
8. Belgian sleuth created by Agatha Christie (2 wds)
9. The headquarters of the Metropolitan Police in London
13. A guess or feeling not based on facts
14. Reason why a person does something or acts in a certain way
17. Used to spy from a distance
18. A piece of evidence that
helps the detective solve a crime
19. Agatha Christie’s elderly spinster sleuth (2 wds)
23. Spies like to use this kind of ink
29. TV detective played by Andy Griffith
31. The opposite of guilty
34. To use logical reasoning to find an answer
35. The statement of a witness under oath in court
36. Term for the practice of spying37. Something that is unknown
2. Person who may have committed a crime
4. Information given to prove an accused person was not at a crime scene
6. Last name of TV detective played by Angela Lansbury
7. TV show with Maxwell Smart and Agent 99
10. Early comic strip detective (2 wds)
11. American private investigator invented by Raymond Chandler (2 wds)
12. Fictional detective created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2 wds)
15. Perhaps the first great American fiction writer of detective stories (3 wds)
16. To encode a message
17. Tiny hidden microphones
20. TV P.I. played by Tom Selleck
21. A crime happens when this is broken
22. A surveillance of a location by police officers
24. To ask questions of a person to seek answers or information
25. Person who is harmed by a crime
26. Detective who first appeared in The Maltese Falcon (2 wds)
27. Young fictional detectives Joe and Frank (2 wds)
28. Breed of dog sometimes used to track criminals
30. Person who saw something related to a crime
32. TV detective played by Peter Falk
33. TV show with Mulder & Scully
35. What all witnesses must tell in court
Or select from some of our most popular puzzles:
A State by Any Other Name
Each clue is the nickname for one of the 50 states in the U.S. You
supply the state that matches! Even if you know only a few answers at
first, you should be able to complete this interesting puzzle! Download crossword or interactive version available.
Stormy Weather - Weather or not this is a breeze to solve, I’m sure you’ll feel right as rain when you’ve finished! Each clue in this crossword is a scrambled word related to the weather.
The Grimacing Gardener - Here's a crossword puzzle free for the weeding, hoeing and growing! Inspired by a recent encounter with poison ivy, I've written this puzzle challenging plights and pestilence associated with gardening.
Corny Jokes Crossword - Download crossword puzzles like this one for a barrel of laughs! In this printable crossword puzzle, every clue is very corny joke or riddle!
New York Times Crossword Puzzles Trivia We've made our own crossword puzzle about the world's most popular crossword puzzles. How many answers do you know?
What's the Scoop? A cool, yummy puzzle, all about ice cream! Just unscramble the names of the most popular ice cream flavors and place them in the puzzle.
Famous Pairs If you can finish clues like mac and ? or peanut butter and ?, you'll have a blast with this one! It's really fun to solve with a friend.