If you're looking for some brain games free, fun and very unique, you've come to the right place! Here is a sampler of brain teasers, based on my "Dollar Dictionary" theme. Check out the links below for more sets on specific topics.
Use the chart to find the value of the CAPITALIZED words below. Add the value of each letter to find the total worth of each word.
Look at these examples:
ZERO = 26 + 5 + 18 + 15 = $64
ONE = 15 + 14 + 5 = $34
1. Is FIFTY worth more or less than $60?
2. Who makes the cheapest cars: FORD, DODGE, or CHEVY?
3. Which planet is the most valuable: URANUS, NEPTUNE, or PLUTO?
4. Which day of the week is the least expensive?
Suppose workers were paid an hourly wage according to the letters that spell their occupation.
5. Find an occupation that pays less than $40 an hour.
6. Find an occupation that pays more than $100
Suppose that athletes were paid for each sporting event in which they participated in a similar manner. One BOXING match would earn the boxer $71.
7. Find two sports that pay more than one BOXING match, but less than a game of BADMINTON.
Now find the missing letters in these words. All the words belong to the same set. What is it?
8. __ + P + __ + __ + E = $50
9. __ + E + __ + R = $40
10. G + __ + A + P + __ = $47
11. __ + L + __ + E __ + E + R + __ + Y = $108
12. Find another word that belongs to this same set that is worth less than $40.
I'm adding lots more brain games free for my visitors, so please check this page frequently. Here's a simpler set of brain games, especially for kids, from Percy's Puzzling Pet Shot!
For a tougher challenge, try these Occupational Hazards!
You'll also find some challenging brain games over at Spelling Words Well, including:
Travel Teaser - A very difficult logic brain teaser. Can you figure out who went where and when?
Brain Teasers for Adults & Upper Grade Students - Two REALLY difficult letters with hidden messages. Good spelling skills are the key to uncovering them!
Hidden Words - Put your logic skills to the test on this entertaining word brain teaser. How long will it take you to discover three hidden words?