These brain games for adults provide plenty of challenging fun!
Suppose that workers were paid an hourly wage according to the letters that spell their occupation.
Use the chart at the right to find the value of the CAPITALIZED words below. Add the value of each letter to get the total hourly wage.
Example: BANKER = 2 + 1 + 14 + 11 + 5 + 18 = $51
Here's the printable version. The complete text also appears below.
Please note that sample answers are shown below. Many items have multiple correct solutions that are not included. Please send your favorite solutions to me using this contact form.
1. How much more does an ACTRESS earn than an ACTOR?
2. What’s the lowest-earning profession you can think of?
3. Who makes more, a DOCTOR or a NURSE?
4. Who makes more, PLUMBER or a TRUCKER?
5. Arrange these from lowest to highest paid:
BUTLER, WAITER, DIETICIAN
8. Find three professions that pay less than $40.
9. Find a 9-letter occupation that pays less than $90.
10. Find a 6-letter occupation that pays more than $90.
Now that you have the idea, why not try this sampler of similar brain game questions? You may also enjoy these topics:
Hysterical Numericals! - Seriously? (When we can't find the right word, we make them up!) On this page, ZERO is worth a lot more than ONE. Can you solve the rest of these games for your brain?
Car Talk - Great brain games for seniors, especially, if you remember cars from the 60s through the current models. Of course, you don't have to know all about cars to tackle these challenges!
Colors! - These brain fitness games will color your world with fun -- and challenge. How quickly can you solve these colorful conundrums?