In this Bible trivia game, you'll need to identify the speaker in each of these Biblical quotations. And, for an even tougher challenge, do you know to whom the person was speaking?
After you’ve supplied your best answers, check them with ours. All quotations come from the New Testament.
To use these questions as a Bible trivia game, divide your group into two teams. Have a leader ask question #1 to the first team, question #2 to the second team, and so on, until each team has had the opportunity to answer ten questions.
Award 5 points each time the correct speaker is identified. Award another 10 points each time the person being addressed is named correctly. The team with the most points at the end wins.
Or, try to answer all of these questions on your own! A perfect team score is 150. A perfect personal score is 300. How will you score?
1. “Are you the king of the Jews?”
2. “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
3. “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?”
4. “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”
5. “How can someone be born when they are old? … Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”6. “Do you understand what you are reading?”
7. “Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me…”
8. “I am the Lord’s servant,”... “May your word to me be fulfilled.”
9. “They beat us publicly without a trial, even though we are Roman citizens, and threw us into prison. And now do they want to get rid of us quietly?”
10. “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”
11. “Are you going to wash my feet?”
12. “Don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
13. “He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David…”
14. “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
15. “I am the good shepherd.”
16. “Do not seal up the words of the
prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near…”
17. “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem.”18. “Send the people away so that they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”
19. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,…come and stay at my house.”
20. “...even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”
Book, Chapter, Verse - A fun, flexible game that asks players to identify the "full address" of familiar Bible verses.
The "Third" Bible Trivia Quiz
- Here's a unique set of questions all about things that
came not first, not second, but THIRD. Are you up to this challenge?
Bible Brainstorming I
Perfect for any group gathering. This free Bible trivia game challenges
everyone to supply as many answers as possible before time runs out!
Bible Brainstorming II If you enjoyed solving our first Bible Brainstorming word puzzle, here’s a new challenge. Warning: This one is tougher.
Women of the Bible - 20 questions, at varying degrees of difficulty, about some of the fascinating women in the Old and New Testaments
Bible Baseball Batter Up! Test your group's knowledge in this free Bible Trivia Game that works for any size group. We've included a printable Bible trivia list of 30 questions and answers for your convenience.
New Testament Kids Bible Trivia Questions and Answers - Check your kids' knowledge of some well-known N.T. characters, events and even some Bible verses!
Old Testament Bible Trivia for Kids - Don't be put off thinking your kids don't know much about the Old Testament. I'm quite sure they've heard many of these stories. But do they know the details? Do you?