If you're looking for some tough printable Bible trivia, you're in the right place!
Firsts and seconds are important, but so are thirds! This quiz is all about who or what came third, in passages scattered throughout the Bible.
How well will you do? Will you get all the answers right on your first try, or will it take a second, or even THIRD attempt? Warning: Many of these are tough!
Here's a peek at the printable page. The complete text appears below.
1. What is the third word in the book Genesis?
2. What did God create on the third day?
3. Who was the third son of Adam and Eve?
4. Who was third son of Jacob?
5. What was the third plague in Egypt when Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go?
6. What is the third of the Ten Commandments?
7. In the divided kingdom, who was third king of Judah?
8. What did Queen Esther ask for at the third banquet she prepared for the King and Haman?
9. Supply the missing words from the third chapter of Proverbs.
“Trust in the Lord with all your _______
and lean not on your own _________;”
10. Who was the third disciple called by Jesus?
11. The first two beatitudes begin, “Blessed are the poor in spirit…Blessed are those who mourn.” What is the third beatitude?
12. In Jesus’ parable of the four soils, what is the third kind of soil, and what did it represent?
13. Where was Peter the third time he denied Christ?
14. On the third day after Jesus died, who was the first person to visit his tomb?
15. On Paul’s third missionary journey, he came to a town with several believers, none of whom had heard about the Holy Spirit. What town was this?
16. Which is the third book of the New Testament written by Paul, as the books are arranged in the table of contents?
17. To whom was the book of 3 John written?
18. The first two churches of Revelation are Ephesus and Smyrna. What’s the third?
19. In the book of Revelation, what did John see when the Lamb opened the third seal?
20. Finish this verse from the third chapter of John.
“For God did not send his Son into the world to ________ the world, but to ______ the world through him.”
We've used the NIV translation in compiling these questions. Other sources may differ slightly. Always review questions before using them with groups to make sure they are the right degree of difficulty.
Missing Letters - 15 scriptures with a few (key) missing letters. Can you replace the correct letters AND supply the right reference for each passage? This especially suitable for a youth group gathering.
New Testament Bible Trivia for Kids - 20 questions about people and events in the New Testament.
Old Testament Kids Trivia - Another collection of printable Bible trivia written on an easier level for kids or Bible learners.
Women of the Bible - 20 questions, at varying degrees of difficulty, about some of the fascinating women in the Old and New Testaments
Bible Brainstorming I
Perfect for any group gathering. These free Bible games challenge
everyone to supply as many answers as possible before time runs out!
Bible Brainstorming II If you enjoyed solving our first Bible Brainstorming word puzzle, here’s a new challenge. Warning: This one is tougher.
Bible Baseball Batter Up! Test your group's knowledge for Bible Trivia in this fun game for any size group. We've included a printable Bible trivia list of 30 questions and answers for your convenience.
Sword Drills - One of the best ways to encourage kids to learn their way around the Bible
Bible Tic-Tac-Toe - Review any Bible facts using this format. Great for All Ages!
We have lots of Bible Word Search Puzzles, crosswords and more. See our entire collection!
Free John 3:16 Puzzle and Coloring eBook for Kids, Parents & Teachers! Learn and share the Good News. 22 pages in all. Co-written by Keith & Ann Fisher
"I used the 'Third' Bible trivia quiz to play tic-tac-toe with my women's Sunday School and it was a HIT!"
Thanks for letting me know, LT!