We have lots of printable reading games for elementary grades.
This colorful game board will have your third, fourth and fifth graders reading and working with lots of interesting verbs. Be sure to view the screen shot of the board, then print the pdf.
Skill: Reading, working with verbs,other word skills
Grade level: 4-5
Objective: Be the first player to reach END on the game board
Supplies: PDF game board, word cards, a standard die, game piece for each player
1. Print and laminate the game board and word cards. Cut the cards apart. Give each child a game piece to move around the board.
2. Shuffle the cards and place them face down on the table.
3. Player 1 rolls the dies and moves forward that number of spaces. He draws a word card and tries to make a new word, following the instructions on the game board. For example, if he rolls a 2 and draws the word forget, he might give overlook, or not remember for his answer. If a player is unable to think of an answer, he goes back to where he began that turn. Note: It is not always possible to perform each task on every word. His turn is over.
4. Other players follow in turn.
5. If players use all the cards before the game ends, the cards should be shuffled and reused.
6. The first player to reach the END wins. Players do not have to reach it on an exact count.
- Kids must follow directions and draw simple objects correctly. Accurate
reading comprehension is a must! Students can add additional
directions, making this a game to reuse throughout the school year.
Four Score - Build reading and writing skills with this fun activity. This game gives students practice using antonyms.
What's Missing and News Clues - Games your upper elementary students can play in small groups.
Target Time - Target practice has never been this educational! Use this fun format for your upper grade students to practice their reading fluency. The game board can be used for other skill practice as well.
Don't miss these printable reading games for early learners:
Visit our Facebook page...
for more free word play fun!
Joyous Christmas Word Play Puzzlers
Celebrate the Christmas Story with fun word puzzles for all ages. Get a copy today for your family, church, or classroom. Learn more>>>
101 Word Play Puzzlers
Hours & hours of word play fun that you can't find anywhere else!