Kids love to learn when the learning is fun! Science crossword puzzles can provide a good way to review important terms and definitions and add a nice change from your usual routine.
1. The name of our galaxy
4. A very small star
6. The planet closest to Earth
9. The "Red Planet"
10. The planet closest to the Sun
11. Number of stars in the Big Dipper
13. The distance light travels in one year
17. An instrument that makes distant objects look larger and closer
19. The spinning of the Earth on its axis
20. Small rocky objects that revolve around the sun, mostly in the area between Mars and Jupiter
2. A scientist who studies stars and planets
3. A star much larger than our sun
5. A group of stars with a definite pattern or arrangement
7. A star's brightness is called its ______.
8. The largest planet in our solar system
12. Another name for the North Star
14. A large group of stars, gas and dust
15. The movement of the Earth around the Sun
16. The planet with rings
18. A mass of material with a long tail that travels around the Sun
For more fun with these outer space words, try our Space Word Search puzzle! It has a bit of a twist. Can you figure it out?
For another science theme, check out this Medical Crossword which features the names of bones.
Visit our Facebook page...
for more free word play fun!
101 Word Play Puzzlers
Hours & hours of word play fun that you can't find anywhere else!