Try these brain games for seniors, if you dare! You’ll need to draw just a bit on your knowledge of cars, going WAAAAY back. Plus you’ll need a few word and math skills.
But don’t worry. These brain teasers are FUN!
Suppose the cost of renting a car for one day is based on the value of the letters in the model’s name. Use the chart at the right to find the value of the CAPITALIZED words below. Add the value of each letter to get the total worth of each word.
Example: Pontiac GTO = $7 + $20 + $15 = $42
Here's a peek at the printable page. The complete text also appears below.
Please note that sample answers are shown below. Many items have multiple correct solutions that are not included. Please send your favorite solutions to me using this contact form.
1. What’s the cost of renting a DODGE?
2. Which costs more, a FORD or a FIAT?
3. Which costs more, a MAZDA or a HONDA?
4. T + __ + __ + __ + __ + S + __
5. __ + E + __ + __ + __ + __ =
6. __ + __ + A + __ + __ __ + __ + __ + __ = $111 (Two words)
7. Put these Fords in order from least to most expensive:
FAIRLANE, GALAXIE, MUSTANG
Remember some of the real lemons? Let’s see how they measure up under our pricing system! First predict which one is more expensive, then estimate the price difference.
8. a YUGO and a JAGUAR?
9. an ACURA and an EDSEL?
10. Think of two models, not already mentioned, that cost more than $100.
11. Find two models that cost exactly $83.
12. What’s the lowest make or model you can think of?
Brain Game Sampler - Solve 12 different brain games for seniors of varying difficulty on a wide variety of interesting topics!
Percy's Pet Shop Puzzler - Kids will find the values of short animal names and solve a variety of questions featuring the Dollar Dictionary method.
Occupational Hazard - Don't say I didn't warn you..but some of these questions are nearly impossible, unless you are a word connoisseur with a bit of patience!
Hysterical Numericals! - Seriously? (When we can't find the right word, we make them up!) On this page, ZERO is worth a lot more than ONE. Can you solve the rest of these games for your brain?
Colors! - These brain fitness games will color your world with fun -- and challenge. How quickly can you solve these colorful conundrums?