Cryptic crossword puzzles present word game fans with extra challenges. If you haven't tried them before, you're in for a treat.
The answer for each cryptic clue is an anagram for one of the words in the clue.
For example, to solve the the clue for #3 across, you can look at the puzzle diagram and see that you're looking for a 5-letter word. The only 5-letter words in the clue are along and shore.
So you need to find an anagram for one of those words. There are more hints in the clue as well. An animal that gallops is...a HORSE, which is an anagram for SHORE.
3. The animal galloped along the shore.
7. The love letter become dearer every time I looked at it.
8. He took off several layers of clothing.
9. Listen to the quiet sounds of nature.
10. The hornets in the park curtailed our picnic.
12. She always heats her dinner in a hurry.
16. Sis nudged me with her elbow under the table.
18. It was a beast, not a fowl, that howled.
19. For once, I'd like to eat my ice cream from a bowl.
20. If I can open this package of carrots, then I can finish
23. She spilled the juice instead of drinking it.
25. Pulling weeds outside all day long is no fun.
26. The tour guide smiled as she took us into the wrong cave.
27. Even young folks like green tea.
28. That sound was from the loggers cutting lumber.
29. The new park was zoned for 12 mobile homes.
1. He tagged the tool for the yard sale.
2. Mom drops hints when she wants more info.
4. He claimed he was a doctor.
5. The product did not live up to its promise to get rid fleas.
6. How can we repair the cracks in this luge?
11. The glisten of diamonds always gives me a thrill.
13. Elections allow us to choose our leaders.
14. Melissa lacks focus.
15. It's too dark for me read your palm.
17. We expect all but one guest to attend our party.
18. The new mom waits impatiently to lose weight.
21. The politician was guilty of treason.
22. The little dog looped around and around the yard.
24. He trifled with her emotions.