You'll love our new memory games for kids! It's simple to s--t--r--e--t--c--h those recall skills when you play a few of our fun games. After you try our activities, use these ideas to create new games of your own.
Try one or both of these variations of easy-to-use memory games for kids. One child can play these with adult supervision, or groups of students can play them in the classroom. Either way, kids are getting some fun practice with memory skills. Both games are based on this set of twelve pictures.
Printable Images for Both Games
Printable Instruction for Both Games
1) Give the player(s) a copy of the game board. Allow them to study the objects and their placements for 90 seconds.
2) Put the game board away.
3) Give the player(s) this new game board with several missing objects.
4) In each blank space, instruct the player(s) to either draw the missing object or to write a word to describe it.
5) After several minutes, reveal the original game board so that players can check their work.
Award three points for each correctly-placed item. Subtract one point for each incorrect item.
1) Give the player(s) a copy of the large game board. Allow them to study the objects and their placements for 90 seconds.
2) Put the game board away.
3) Ask the player(s) to answer these questions. Players may answer orally or in writing.
a) How many pictures were on the
b) What picture was on the top left corner?
c) What picture was in the bottom right corner?
d) How many animals were on the page?
e) What were the animals?
f) Which of these pictures was not on the page? drum, eggs, rug
g) What item was above the lock?
h) What was next to the pan?
4) When finished, reveal the original game board so that players can check their work.
8 correct answers: Superb
6-7 correct answers: Excellent
4-5 correct answers: Very Good
2-3 correct answers: Keep Working
0 -1 correct answers: Try Again
The Big Picture - A more difficult kids' memory game, similar to the one above, but with LOTS more pictures. It's great for older kids, and even adults.
Memory Matches - Use a familiar format to practice beginning sounds and letters. Free printable game cards included!
Disney Crossword Puzzles One of our most popular kids printable crossword puzzles! Supply the names of some major characters from several Walt Disney stories and movies.
What's the Scoop? A cool, yummy puzzle, all about ice cream! Just unscramble the names of the most popular ice cream flavors and place them in the puzzle.
At the Zoo - Don't monkey around! Just unscramble these items you might spot at the zoo. Loads of fun!
A fun collection of brain teasers and spelling challenges. Best for ages 10 to adult.
More Buzzwords, Triangulairs, Zigzags and other fun word play puzzlers are packed inside this fun eBook!
Packed with 20 all-new crosswords, this is written especially for educators and parents of kids in grades 3-5. FUN!!!
FUN Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1 & 2 50 FUN pages! Learn more>>