These free memory games for adults are perfect for your next party. Just add this fun activity to your film night, dinner, or family game night for an extra bit of fun.
Find out who has the best memory!
Here's a peek at the printable version. The full game and text also appear below.
Before guests arrive:
1. Write 20 interesting, unrelated nouns on index cards and place them in obvious places a room where guests will be spending a lot of time. Here a few suggestions: pancakes, alligator, helicopter, unicorn, Jupiter, purple, blizzard, shoestring, lemonade, roller coaster, oven, envelope, termites, dictionary, panda, recliner, doctor, clock, tomatoes, dime
2. Prepare a list of 10-15 questions to ask about the words and their placements. Examples: What word was on the piano? Where was the word lemonade? How many animal words did you see? Can you list all 20 words?
3. Have paper and pencil ready for each guest.
When guests arrive:
4. Do not point out the word cards. If someone asks you about them, simply explain that the words will be used for a game later in the party.
5. After all your guests have been present for 30 minutes or so, take everyone into another room where the word cards cannot be seen.
6. Pass out the paper and pencils.
7. Ask the questions and instruct guests to write down their answers.
8. Tell everyone to return to the room with the cards, and go over the correct answers to your questions.
9. Find out which guests scored the highest. Give out small prizes if you like.
Word Wall 1 - Are you looking for a slightly easier challenge? Try our first wall. It also has 25 words, but we only give you 1 minute to study them. Try it to see if you think it's really easier...!
Word Wall 2 - Are you ready for a more difficult challenge? This time you'll get two minutes to study the word wall...and you will need it!
Memory Training Game - List Twists Here's a simple game format to help you boost your memory! Study one of these word lists for the time given, then answer several specific questions. Work your way through increasingly difficult lists.
...More Memory Games for Adults and Kids. Please check back often for the latest additions. Have suggestions? Please contact me with your ideas!