Here's a memory training game that you can conduct on your own or with a friend.
You'll simply study a list of words for a set amount of time, and then answer some very specific questions about the word list. Simple-to-follow directions and four word lists are included here.
Here's a peek at the printable instructions. The full text also appears below.
These memory training games are fun, entertaining and brain-boosting. Here’s how to play them:
Print the word lists and quizzes. Separate the
word lists and the quizzes so that only one word list or one quiz is on one
piece of paper.
2. Study one word list at a time.
3. Look at the list for the length of time specified at the top of the list.
4. When time has expired, remove the list from your sight.
5. Try to complete the first quiz for the word list you’ve studied.
6. If you are 100% successful, advance to the second quiz.
7. If you were unable to complete the first quiz, return to the word list and study it again, for half the time that you initially studied it. For example, if you looked at the list for one minute the first time, review it for 30 seconds the second time. Then take the second quiz.
8. Repeat these steps for the second list, the third list, and so on.
As you train your brain to be attentive and to learn short amounts of information in one session, you may find that you become more and more successful at completing the quizzes.
Now that you've read the instructions, you'll also need to print out these:
Topics covered on these first four word lists are FRUITS, ANIMALS, SPORTS, and SPICES. Sound easy? Try them and see how you do!
Don't miss the List Twist Quizzes 1 - 4. Check your memory here!
Word Wall 1 - Are you looking for a slightly easier challenge? Try our first wall. It also has 25 words, but we only give you 1 minute to study them. Try it to see if you think it's really easier...!
Word Wall 2 - Are you ready for a more difficult challenge? This time you'll get two minutes to study the word wall...and you will need it!
Memory Mayhem - This is great party game for adults and teens. Find out who has the best memory with this fun, flexible game.
Get the Picture? - A simple memory game, based on a set of twelve pictures. It's great for younger kids and can be played two different ways.
The Big Picture - A more difficult kids' memory game, similar to the one above, but with LOTS more pictures. It's great for older kids, and even adults.