If you're looking for some new Bible games for children to add to your supply, I think you'll like this one that helps kids to learn Bible verses. It's really simple to play, and ...FUN!
You will need:
1. Write a different letter of the alphabet on each of the 26 pieces of paper. Place the alphabet cards into the grab bag.
2. Distribute the Bible verse pages** so that each child has a different one. (If you run short on these, assign pairs of children to work together one page.
3. Have children take turns blindly drawing one letter from the grab bag. When a letter is drawn, it is announced to the group.
4. Each child looks for that letter on his Bible verse page. He uses any crayon to color EVERY letter that matches. For example if an I is drawn, he would color every I on his page.
5. Continue drawing letters, announcing them, and coloring them until one or more children have finished coloring all the letters on their page.
6. The first one to finish is the winner.
7. You may continue play in the above manner until each child has finished his page. Or, after a winner has been declared, you may allow all the remaining children to finish coloring their verses without drawing letters.
8. Encourage kids to decorate their verses and display them at home or in your classroom.
Select verses that have approximately the same number of letters. The verses do not need to be exactly equal in length, however, because of the variance in repetitive letters.
Here are 7 Bible verse pages from the book of Philippians, each with between 22-30 letters.
You will notice that I've used shortened versions of each scripture. This is ideal for young students who may not be able to focus on a game that lasts for a long time.
For older kids, use longer verses so that they kids will have more letters to color.
Pop Up! - Here's another fun game that will help your kids to learn Bible verses? Ideal for Bible School and Church School groups.
David and Goliath Word Puzzle Here's a unique word game for kids about one of the most beloved stories in the Old Testament.
Find more Bible games for children and adults here.