Here's a crossword puzzle free for the weeding, hoeing and growing! Inspired by a recent encounter with poison ivy, I've written this puzzle about all sorts of challenging plights and pestilence associated with gardening.
But don't worry! If this one's a bit too thorny for your tastes, I have lots of other crosswords on rosier topics. See the links at the bottom of the page.
Use the printable version of this crossword puzzle to check your knowledge of those occasional gardening glitches. Answer is included.
1. Overuse can lead to runoff that damages surface waters
2. Small pits on tubers indicate this disease (2 wds.)
5. Noisy unwanted reptile
7. Too much or too little of this is a common problem.
10. Plant with edible, tart stalks but poisonous leaves
11. Overuse of this class of weedkiller can injure plants
13. Fungus that infects corn plants
14. Shield-shaped insect that gives off an unpleasant odor when crushed (2 wds.)
15. Insect-eating underground dwellers
18. Used to suppress weeds, but too much can cause rot
19. This type of soil drains slowly and can cause root damage
21. Showy springtime problem
22. Rash-causing weed (2 wds.)
1. Disease that causes scorched-looking new leaves
3. A thick type of unwanted grass
4. Type of caterpillar that cuts off seedlings just above the ground
6. Animal that grazes, leaving damaged woody plants, roses, fruits and vegetables
8. Prickly plant or shrub
9. Winged annoyance, especially around fresh fruit (2 wds.)
12. Ugly nocturnal insect that feeds on tender new growth
14. Type of soil that often does not retain water or nutrients
15. Umbrella-shaped fungi
16. Nocturnal animal that loves sweet corn and strawberries
17. Non-native plant type that spreads on its own
20. Prolific insect that sucks the sap from stems and leaves
You may also like this cryptogram that's (sort of) about gardens!
While you're here, why not try some of these fun crosswords? Use the links at the bottom of the page to find lots more, arranged by difficulty.
Corny Jokes Crossword - In this printable crossword puzzle, every clue is very corny joke or riddle!
- Follow the signs for a fun, easy crossword puzzle. Simply supply the
message shown on the sign. Quick and simple for kids and adults alike!
U.S. Holidays and Observances
There's so much to celebrate! Check your knowledge of lots of special
days, anytime of year.
Movie Crossword - We supply the year and two actors. You supply the title of a popular film. A crossword puzzle free, fun and challenging!
Commuter Crossword Puzzles You shouldn't need a crossword puzzle dictionary to solve this, making it the perfect crossword puzzle free for commuters. Print out an extra copy or two to share with your co-workers.
Music Crossword Puzzles Here's an Elvis crossword for the faithful Elvis fans!
Acronym Crossword Puzzle This interesting acronym crossword uses terms from government, medicine, technology, sports and more. Simply supply the missing word in each acronym.
Fill In Crossword Puzzles Here's a cartoon themed crossword for you to fill in. 40 cartoon and comic strip characters in this puzzle.
Don't miss all our word searches, cryptograms and anagrams! Use the links at the left to find them.
A fun collection of brain teasers and spelling challenges. Best for ages 10 to adult.
More Buzzwords, Triangulairs, Zigzags and other fun word play puzzlers are packed inside this fun eBook!
Packed with 20 all-new crosswords, this is written especially for educators and parents of kids in grades 3-5. FUN!!!