Kids love to learn when the learning is fun! Science crossword puzzles can provide a good way to review important terms and definitions and add a nice change from your usual routine.
This puzzle features facts and terminology about our Solar System. You might say this crossword is out of this world!
1. The name of our galaxy
4. A very small star
6. The planet closest to Earth
9. The "Red Planet"
10. The planet closest to the Sun
11. Number of stars in the Big Dipper
13. The distance light travels in one year
17. An instrument that makes distant objects look larger and closer
19. The spinning of the Earth on its axis
20. Small rocky objects that revolve around the sun, mostly in the area between Mars and Jupiter
2. A scientist who studies stars and planets
3. A star much larger than our sun
5. A group of stars with a definite pattern or arrangement
7. A star's brightness is called its ______.
8. The largest planet in our solar system
12. Another name for the North Star
14. A large group of stars, gas and dust
15. The movement of the Earth around the Sun
16. The planet with rings
18. A mass of material with a long tail that travels around the Sun
...you make also enjoy these educational puzzlers!
For more fun with these outer space words, try our Space Word Search puzzle! It has a bit of a twist. Can you figure it out?
For another science theme, check out this Medical Crossword which features the names of bones.
Math Word Search - Multiplication problems and math words in two fun word search puzzles
Geometry Crossword Puzzle - A great way to review important terms and definitions
Spanish Crossword Puzzle What a great way to practice basic Spanish words!
Classic Books and Authors We've featured some of the best books of all time in this ready to print crossword puzzle. Supply the LAST NAME of the author for each title listed.
Calendar Words Here's a great way to work on Months of the Year and Days of the Week for younger students. Not only do your children need to know the answers, they also need to know how to spell these important words to complete this crossword puzzle.
Please note that we have lots of seasonal and holiday word search puzzles. Why not bookmark this page so you're ready for the next special day or season?