Our spelling bee games provide a unique way for students to prepare for spelling bees. Switch it up, and try one of our new formats. Watch your students come to life and ENJOY the practice!
Take a look at one of my spelling bee games here. The full text also appears below:
1. Draw a tic-tac-toe game on the board.
2. Divide students into two groups. Assign one team to be the X's, and one team to be the O’s.
3. To play, one member from each team goes to the board. Pronounce a spelling word for the X team.
4. If the X player correctly spells the word, he may put an X on the tic-tac-toe game. If he spells the word incorrectly, he may not put an X on the game. A new member of his team goes to the board to wait for her turn.
5. Then pronounce a new word for the O team and proceed in the same manner.
6. The first team to get three X's or three O’s in a row wins the round.
We also recommend:
Team Spelling Game: The only supplies you’ll need are the chalkboard and chalk (or whiteboards and markers). For grades 2-6.
Change-A-Letter Here's an easy-to-play game for grades 2-3, with a harder variation for older grades. Your students will want to play this spelling game over and over again!
Waffle Words: A fun word puzzle based on a popular commercial word game. This puzzle works for grades 2-4, but you can make your own puzzles using this format for any grade.
Reading Games for Kids: Check out our growing collection of reading games and activities.
Calendar Crossword Do you know all the words (and correct spellings) for these terms from the calendar?
Canada Word Search Explore Canada's provinces, cities, and natural resources in this entertaining word search puzzle.
50 States Word Search Puzzle How long will it take you to find all 50 of the states of the USA in this challenging puzzle?
All Aboard Word Scramble Try to discover a list of words, all about trains. You'll want to be on board for this fun challenge!
Also, be sure to visit my other site, Spelling Words Well for a HUGE assortment of spelling bee games, spelling bee word lists & resources, spelling worksheets, homework ideas and much, much more!
20 All-new puzzles for entertainment AND education! Parents and teachers, check out this brand-new collection today! Learn more>>
Ten fun word puzzles for all ages featuring the true meaning of Christmas! Learn more >>
50 engaging printable pages for early learners! Learn more>>
Worksheets, games & activities for any spelling words. Learn more>>
Everything you need for a successful spelling bee! Words, rules, sentences & other helps. Learn more>>