You can find an anagram list in many places. But www.word-game-world.com is one of the few places where you’re challenged to SOLVE some anagrams. This page is written for the serious word-player who wants to have fun with anagrams!
We’ve gathered some perfect anagrams (see our Anagram Examples page) from The Anagram Dictionary by Michael Curl, published by Macmillan Publishers, LTD., 1982. A portion of each solution is given.
Your job is to finish spelling the phrase with the letters from the original portion not yet used. There is one blank for each word that you need to write. With these hints, you should be well on your way to cracking these puzzlers! The anagrams get tougher as you work down the page.
Example: Grand finale = A FLARING ____ (END)
1. Stone deaf = TONES ______
2. Tantrums = MUST _______
3. Parishioner = I HIRE ________
4. Realistic = IT IS _____
5. Income taxes = EXACT ______
6. Western Union = NO WIRE _______
7. Payment received = EVERY CENT _______ _____
8. Versatility = ___________ LIST
9. A shoplifter = HAS _____ ________
10. Eternal devotion = I NOTE __________ ________
11. A stitch in time saves nine = THIS IS MEANT AS _______________.
12. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott = A NOVEL BY _____ ________ _______
13. A trip around the world = HARD TO PLAN ______ ______
14. Old-fashioned winter = I FOLDED _______ _____ ______
Complete the Anagram - Answers
If you enjoyed this anagram list, you may also enjoy these:
Anagram examples: Here are some of our favorites. We've even included some from the Middle Ages!
Celebrity Anagrams: See if you can rearrange the letters to spell the name of a current celebrity you might see on stage or in a movie.
Name Anagrams: We've listed anagrams for the names of famous scientists, inventors and world leaders. Great for puzzlers who are into history!
While you're here, why not try some of these popular word games?
Coffee Word Search - This clever puzzle is designed inside a coffee mug! Grab a cup of your favorite blend while you solve it.
London Fog - How knowledgeable are you about all things British? Try this word search to see if you can find 45 words related to London.
Celebrities! Find the last name of the actor/actress who starred in each pair of films in this crossword puzzle.
Commuter Crossword Puzzles You shouldn't need a crossword puzzle dictionary to solve this, making it the perfect puzzle for commuters. Print out an extra copy or two to share with your co-workers.
Cryptoquips - Decode this set of entertaining quotations.
Be sure to try out our wide assortment of puzzles for all ages!