If you know a lot about the USA today crossword puzzles like this should be a breeze. Each clue lists 3 major cities (but not the capital city) for one of the 50 states. Just write the name of the state into the puzzle. Sounds easy, right?
3. Burlington, Essex, Brattleboro
5. Hilo, Pearl City, Hililani Town
7. Stamford, Waterbury, Bridgeport
9. Bowling Green, Owensboro, Covington
11. North Platte, Grand Island, Omaha
12. Tempe, Yuma, Mesa
14. Erie, Allentown, Scranton
16. Roanoke, Lynchburg, Chesapeake
17. Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Schenectady
18. Bangor, Portland, Lewiston
22. Casper, Gillette, Green River
23. San Jose, Anaheim, Santa Ana
25. Eugene, Beaverton, Gresham
27. Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Jonesboro
28. Flint, Grand Rapids, Dearborn
33. Provo, Sandy, Ogden
34. Independence, Columbia, St. Charles
38. Fairbanks, Wasilla, Sitka
40. Wilmington, Middletown, Newark
41. Worcester, Springfield, Cambridge
44. Fort Collins, Aurora, Lakewood
46. Charlotte, Greensboro, Asheville
47. Corpus Christi, Plano, El Paso
48. Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Mobile
49. Greenville, Mount Pleasant, Charleston
1. Kenosha, Appleton, Eau Claire
2. Evansville, Hammond, Muncie
4. Manchester, Derry, Salem
6. Norman, Broken Arrow, Midwest City
8. Athens, Albany, Marietta
10. Las Cruces, Roswell, Carlsbad
13. Hollywood, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg
15. Bloomington, Coon Rapids, Rochester
19. Gaithersburg, Bowie, College Park
20. Toledo, Akron, Dayton
21. Knoxville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro
22. Vancouver, Yakima, Tacoma
24. Rockford, Joliet, Cicero
26. Pawtucket, Woonsocket, Warwick
29. Twin Falls, Meridian, Moscow
30. Paterson, Edison, Elizabeth
31. Gulfport, Greenville, Hattiesburg
32. Reno, Sparks, Henderson
35. Cedar Rapids, Ames, Waterloo
36. Rapid City, Aberdeen, Brookings
37. Grand Forks, Minot, Mandan
39. Morganton, Wheeling, Huntington
42. Kenner, Alexandria, Lafayette
43. Missoula, Great Falls, Kalispell
45. Lawrence, Shawnee, Salina
To play the daily USA TODAY Crossword go to:
USA Today Crossword Puzzles
You also may be interested in these puzzles about the USA:
A State by Any Other Name Each clue is the nickname for one of the 50 states in the U.S. You supply the state that matches! Even if you know only a few answers at first, you should be able to complete this interesting puzzle!
Why not try our popular 50 States Word Search Puzzle, too?
Super Sleuths - Can you deduce the names of fictional detectives, and the tools of their trade?
Stormy Weather - Weather or not this is a breeze to solve, I’m sure you’ll feel right as rain when you’ve finished! Each clue in this crossword is a scrambled word related to the weather.
Movie Crossword - We supply the year and two actors. You supply the title of a popular film. Fun and challenging!
A fun collection of brain teasers and spelling challenges. Best for ages 10 to adult.
More Buzzwords, Triangulairs, Zigzags and other fun word play puzzlers are packed inside this fun eBook!
Packed with 20 all-new crosswords, this is written especially for educators and parents of kids in grades 3-5. FUN!!!