I've written some new large print crossword puzzles that are easy for older adults to enjoy! Take a trip down memory lane with this new collection. Be sure to share your puzzles with younger friends and family members for some great conversation!
This crossword will remind you of several significant events that occurred in the 1970s, from politics to religion to entertainment, in the U.S. and around the world.
2. The Nobel Peace Prize was won by ___ Teresa in 1979.
9. The controversial war in ______ raged from 1959 until about 1975.
10. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak launched _____ Computers in 1976.
11. Arthur Ashe, a renowned _______ player, won Wimbledon in 1975.
14. John ___ II became the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church in 1978.
15. The ___ Show, featuring Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, premiered on TV in 1976.
1. Gerald ___ became the first unelected U.S. President in 1974.
3. The _____ Games in Munich, Germany, were disrupted by terrorists
4. This popular British singing group broke up in 1970.
5. The first "___ Wars" movie, directed by George Lucas, was released in 1977.
6. This President resigned in 1974 amid scandal.
7. The Supreme Court made abortions legal in Roe v. ___ in 1973.
8. Students staged protests at ___ State University in Ohio.
12. The Aswan High Dam on the Nile river opened in this country in 1970.
13. 52 Americans were taken hostage in Tehran, the capital of ____, in 1979.
Remembering Elvis - Finish the song titles of several popular tunes by Elvis Presley. It's a fun trip down memory lane on one of our new large print crossword puzzles.
In Your Toolbox - Supply the names of twelve popular tools that are probably in your toolbox right now! Solve this on your own or with a friend or family member.
Department Store Delights Remember the fun of browsing through the big, sparkly departments as a child? Solving this puzzle will help you recall big stores, both old and new!
These crosswords are not large print crossword puzzles, but I think you'll like them! They are easy to solve and feature some very entertaining topics.
It's No Joke! Every answer in this fun, easy crossword begins with the letter J. You'll be able to solve it in a jiffy!
Opposites - If you hate crosswords that are hard, you'll love this one because it's easy! To solve this one, you'll need to know lots of pairs of opposites. Will you solve this one quickly or slowly?
Three Cheers! Supply the third word in a well-known phrase or list of objects. Hip, hip, ----?
Road Signs - Follow the signs for a fun, easy crossword puzzle. Simply supply the message shown on the sign. Quick and simple for kids and adults alike!
Let's Eat! Can you can figure out the clues to some of these common foods?
Famous Pairs - One of our most popular easy crossword puzzles: If you can finish clues like peanut butter and ?, you'll have a blast with this one!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying sales.
You may also enjoy some of our fun word games, including:
ZigZag Word Puzzlers Just complete seven 7-letter words, using the letters that are already placed in the diagram. Sound simple? Maybe, maybe not...but it will be fun!
Buzzwords - One of the best printable word games around! Use crossword clues to find scrambled words in a honeycomb. Sweet!